Mechanic / General Crew • Job Description
As part of the Rearden team you will be called upon to service a broad range of vehicle repair issues, learn to service and evaluate street cars, race cars while on track and, contribute to the build and development of race cars.
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
- Available for travel to away races.
- Clean, valid drivers license.
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on a variety of race / performance / street vehicles and various equipment.
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance (including: inspect and perform work in, on or under parts of vehicles and trailers).
- Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather).
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally).
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness, safety and compliance.
- Follow company policy and procedures in making all repairs.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic hands-on mechanical experience.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Tractor and trailer experience a plus.
- Basic welding skills a plus.
- Class "A" CDL (a plus, or willing to obtain after hire)
- Desire to continue education.
- Candidates must be willing to travel, self-motivated, adaptable and have their sights set on racing.
No degree or experience required, we are willing to train someone who is honest, dependable and eager to learn.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.